So I was straightening up earlier and I found both halves of my old glasses. That may not sound like good news to you, broken glasses and whatnot, but to me it's a relief. I've run across bothpieces separately before, but this is the first time I've had both together.
I decided this would be a good opportunity to do some 'plastic welding'
For those of you new to my blog, I mean of course, melting and manipulating the plastic with a soldering iron, not actual plastic welding.
Now I don't just burn things with my soldering iron, I have specific retired tips for my soldering iron that I use for this. Here's an example
Anyway, I rejoined the new pieces and I've got myself a new pair of repaired glasses!
Here's a few shots of the repairs:
And the finished pair, that I'm wearing now :)